French Speaking Class Coach
Company & Opportunity Overview
A great opportunity for a professional francophone educator who is looking to broaden their career.
The Digital Frontiers Institute (DFI) is an EdTech Company focused on the FinTech industry. We were established to bridge capacity gaps that exist in the digital financial services (DFS) profession with a view to accelerating financial inclusion especially in developing markets. We do so through continued learning, mentoring and connecting a global network for professionals who work in DFS.
To date, DFI has trained more than 2500 professionals globally. Our students represent more than 600 Organisations in 85 countries, 70% of which have an MBA and 45 % of which are at an Executive Level. Our League of Professionals is now 2600 strong. We recently launched our Chartered Digital Finance Practitioners (CDFP) journey, which is a 3 year-certification- the first of its kind, globally.
Our vision is to expand these capacity building capabilities to new frontiers in the next 5 years including food security, health care and education. DFI is a registered Not for Profit in South Africa. Our funders include The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, FSD Africa and Omidyar Network.
DFI are in search of an experienced francophone Class Coach (fluent in French), having gained most of their professional experience within one or more French speaking African countries. The key purpose of the role is aimed at supporting, mentoring and motivating students on our specialisation courses, where you will effectively ensure a successful experience of the DFI learning journey for all students. The most important thing is to enable students to aim for the successful completion of the courses they participate in. You will also ensure regular student attendance, effectively monitor progress and comprehension, communicate frequently with the students and encourage positive participation across courses.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all of the following ESSENTIAL job criteria:
- Your nationality is from a French speaking African country (francophone) – you will mainly be interacting with students based in French African countries;
- You are also highly proficient in the English language (verbal and written);
- You hold an Undergraduate Degree;
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a client facing position; and
- You have a true willingness to learn and become proficient in the topics that are taught within the digital financial services field.
The Institute delivers learning to a multitude of countries across the globe, therefore you must possess and be able to demonstrate your experience with cross-cultural sensitivity – therefore, having the ability to flex your style is very important. In addition to being fluent in French, it is expected that you will be highly proficient in your English communication skills (written and verbal).
We are looking for an energetic, efficient, client-orientated individual who has the ability to work well under pressure. You will naturally be highly organised, proactive in finding solutions and eager to expand their knowledge by actively keeping updated on industry-related trends etc.
Your Main Responsibilities
Your Main Responsibilities in the position will be:
- Assist with the admissions process and early retention of participants from the onset through personalised, welcoming interactions, including providing guidance on platform navigation;
- Provide effective support and personalised communication through the platform keeping participants engaged throughout the duration of the course;
- Become familiar with and document the nuances of specific course structures to assist in advanced course administration and course structure queries;
- Participate in data reviews to inform improvements in product design, sales positioning, marketing and business development;
- Analyse course content and structure, and contribute towards articles / videos for proactive student assistance with the aim of promoting student selfhelp;
- Remain up to date on internal processes and industry changes that can have a rollover effect on students;
- Meet defined KPIs and participate in regular qualitative coaching and development feedback;
- Selfmanage workload using data and metrics to drive efficiency;
- Facilitate discussions on the discussion board in the online environment;
- Utilise an indepth understanding of the DFI platform to guide the participants in platform navigation, troubleshooting technical problems and report issues internally if required;
- Provide support to atrisk participants to ensure successful course completion;
- Provide certification related support and administration.
This is a full-time permanent position, based in Cape Town CBD and reports directly to the Operations Manager: Digital Learning. The office hours are standard however, we require people who are happy with flexible and non-standard working hours from time-to-time.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Competency Requirements
Education / Experience:
- Fluent in French (francophone) – both written and spoken (Essential)
- Undergraduate Degree (Essential)
- 1-2 years min experience in client facing roles (Essential)
- Teaching / lecturing experience (Advantageous)
- Experience within the digital financial services sector (Advantageous)
- Prior experience in a similar role within the online adult education sector (Advantageous)
Specialist knowledge / skills:
- Knowledge domains: online learning / LMS experience
- Knowledge on understanding and applying principles / experience to servicing clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Knowledge and reasonable technical proficiency on working with various systems (training will be provided)
- Good understanding of commercial objectives
- Confident in both corporate and non-corporate environments
- Ability to use an array of business applications (i.e. MS word, excel)
- Business & financial acumen
- A demonstrated ability in applying knowledge and skills to establish productive, collaborative relationships
Competencies / Personality Requirements:
- Highly proficient in English communication - professional verbal and written skills (Essential)
- Easily adaptable within a team environment
- Highly personable (client facing), with a friendly approach
- Creative in thinking
- Passionate on self-development / building sector knowledge
- Highly detail oriented
- Able to multitask / juggle many tasks at once
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and determined approach
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Driven to achieve business outcomes
Remuneration Package Offered
The monthly Cost to Company Remuneration Package on offer consists of:
- A Market-related Basic Salary;
- Travel Allowance;
- Medical Aid Allowance;
- Group Risk Benefits.
Please click here to apply