Job offer: Press attaché
The Press Attaché is one of the persons responsible for the Embassy’s internal and external communication.
Responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Monitoring and documenting news developments and writing the daily press review;
- Advising on communication strategies ;
- Developing contact with South African media and doing regular networking to this end;
- Hosting media events and organising meetings with the press for the Ambassador or the Embassy;
- Writing and/or editing press releases and op-eds ;
- Editing and updating the Embassy website and social media accounts alongside the Communication Attaché;
- Reviewing translations of official documents from French to English.
Under the supervision of the Press and Communication Counsellor, the Press Attaché works in team with the Communication Attaché (whose primary tasks consist in managing the Embassy website and social media, as well as coordinating internal communication).
Candidates must meet the following requirements :
- A higher education degree preferably in journalism/communication/international politics or related field.
- A background in journalism and/or institutional communication or similar career path, with an in-depth understanding and awareness of South African and international current affairs / sound knowledge of the South African media.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to draft clearly and succinctly in English and good command in French.
- Adaptability and creativity.
- Website and social media management skills.
- For confidentiality reasons discretion is required.
Gross salary: R 32 327.00 per month +13th cheque
Starting September 2019
Position located in Pretoria.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, by 23 August 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.