TJ 11040 - IMPORT AND EXPORT OFFICER - FRENCH SPEAKING
Ref: TJ 11040 - IMPORT AND EXPORT OFFICER – FRENCH SPEAKING
One of South Africa's leading infrastructure development and construction materials supply groups, celebrating
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in settings that manage shipments to and from foreign countries.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all import/export control matters.
- Expedite shipping and clearing processes through a hands-on approach.
- Oversee and support the steps involved in the transportation process.
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of imports and exports.
- Liaise with customs agents, clients, warehouse staff and shipping entities.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and record-keeping for international transactions.
- Compile and complete import-export documentation, ensuring that it all adheres to import-export policies and laws.
- Track shipments, quotas and payments- and update clients/management regarding the shipment’s progress.
- Secure quotes from prospective shippers and handle insurance claims, should shipment problems occur.
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management.
- Compute international fees for shipment.
- Coordination with Warehouse Logistics Manager to ensure import-export transactions are made timeously and all license-related shipments are shipped in full compliance.
- Search for possibilities to reduce taxes.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Diploma in Import & Export
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- 3 Years experience in international trade
- Strong knowledge of International Trade & Tax Legislation
- Solid Understanding of Industry regulations
- Understanding of the complete shipment process
- English and French ESSENTIAL
Package & Remuneration
Salary / Package
R20 000 - R25 000
- 50% Medical Aid
Please Click here to apply